Monday, July 30, 2012

It's Official, I work for Intermountain Healthcare.

Well, today was Orientation at Intermountain Health Care.  I am now a Full-Time employee in Pediatric Specialties at UVRMC.  Translation= GOODBYE Individual Health Insurance Plan, We NOW have GROUP INSURANCE for the first time EVER!  (since being married) Wahooo!!
Since Dave has always been self-employed, we've not had many options in the world of Health Insurance, because when you buy your own, Individual Health plans just are so crappy.  Not to mention Maternity Coverage is basically all self pay.  The lowest deductible we could find was $7,000.  SO LAME!  So this is a much more comfortable plan for us.

Look at my nifty badge:
...and I'm happy with the photo, so that is definitely a plus.

So bottom line is, I will now have a lot less time available.  I will however, be able to still volunteer in Elle's Chinese class most Fridays (like I did last year) which is a huge priority to me.  I LOVE to be in my daughter's classroom.  It's amazing how much the teachers help your child out more too, and give extra attention when the parent is willing to donate their time.

I am very excited that I got this job with Intermountain Healthcare.  I look forward to working in Pediatric Specialties.  The doctors that I work for are also employed at Primary Children's and their vision is to in a few years have Primary Children's in Utah County at the hospital I'm working at (Utah Valley Regional Medical Center) so it'll be fun to be part of the building process.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, congrats on the new position!!! I hope you really enjoy working there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I figure if I HAVE to work, it'd better be worth my time away from Elle. My time is precious to me. This seems that it will work out well.

    ReplyDelete