So today we got to sleep in because we weren't going to our 9am church today, instead, going to my cousin's missionary farewell at 11:00 am in Provo aka BONUS!!! I LOVE 11am Church. Not too early, not too late. You can drift about the morning like a leaf blowing in the wind. If there's one thing I hate, it's rushing out the door on Sunday. I swear my brain/body just know it is Sunday, and it's in power-save mode.
What a wonderful missionary farewell. I love that my cousin Becca is going on a mission. I think this is just such an amazing opportunity. I'm so excited for her. If my life had been different, I think a mission would've done me some serious good. What an experience that must be for a young person to go live overseas, doing nothing but committing themselves to the Gospel.
I've gotta say: what a HARD thing to do at times (as I do not deal well with rejection.) I think if I had gone on a mission, I would definitely want to go overseas. I think staying stateside would make me way too homesick, and maybe being farther away would discourage that "short-plane-ride" home. What an enormously brave thing to go do.
I love the missionaries.
I've really enjoyed seeing the missionaries as Dave and I work in the Provo Temple on Thursdays. They are all so kind to each other. One thing I love to do while waiting for Dave after our shift in the lobby is sit and watch the missionaries after their session at the Temple. They are so caring, so loving to one another. It moves me to see a 19 year-old boy put a loving hand on his companion's shoulder and give a "love-squeeze" or bring his companion in for a hug. What comfort they must need to provide for one another. It's simply moving.
Today, my cousin played a Harp Solo as part of the Sacrament Meeting Program. It is so amazing how music can reach my soul in a way nothing else can. I get moved to tears so easily. I wasn't always this way. I used to be guarded and try not to let things good or bad get to me. Now, I invite it.
I love surrounding myself with good things, which makes it a lot more comfortable letting your emotions live so near the surface.
I am a constant-cryer. The other day while watching Pollyanna, tears were streaming down my face. I'm just so happy that the town has gone through such a similar transformation that I did. Trying to find the 'glad' in things. We have SO much to be glad about. So much to be moved by, if we will allow our spirits to be moved and touched.
This brings me to one of my most favorite things: Dancing. I love watching the show So You Think You Can Dance. It not only takes me back to dancing competitively, but more-so now, I am just SO HAPPY for their progress. I love witnessing people succeeding and doing well. It is so precious the time that we have.
My very good friend's niece just happens to be in this season, and she is just inspiring. Let's see if I can figure out how to post a youtube link on here, so that you may all be moved and inspired the way I have been.
The thing is, watching someone dig THAT deep to get THAT connected to what the story of the dance, or the emotions of the dance, and let it be performed for the entire world to see takes so much courage, and this is why I am so moved. I literally can experience those feelings right along with them, as though I'm experiencing it myself. Similar to reading a good novel.
Here is the link of these two dancing and sharing a piece of their souls, if you're interested:
Back to Sundays, I just LOVE them. I'm sorry this picture is so blurred, but I don't mind because it's mostly for me to remember anyway. There is just something about my man in Sunday clothes that is just so attractive to me, I just can't resist.
I am still sick with what seems to be a sinus infection. This, is not fun. I am so sick of my ears, cheeks, (more the sinuses under the cheeks) and even all of my teeth on the right side of my face just H-U-R-T. Dave has been sick with this about 5 days longer than I have been, and I've had it for about a week.
I've also not been sleeping due to the plugged nose and subsequently feeling like I'm suffocating to death. The longest stretch of sleep was a couple nights ago when I strung 3 hours together.
I've been trying to have a good attitude about it though. Perhaps this is a blessing to teach me patience for when I get pregnant and can't take anything for the discomfort? Figure it out now.
Somehow, this thought just eases my tension about it, so I'll stick with it.
I don't know how interesting this will be to read, however, I must say I feel very liberated being able to feel like I'm really expressing how I truly feel. I'm not trying to lace any sarcasm or joke into it for entertainment: just shooting it straight, no pretension at all. I used to feel like I could do this a lot more than I do now on Facebook, but since January, I've added so many CrossFit friends, I've felt much more limited. I don't need everyone to be clued in on the inner workings of my day-to-day life.
In a word, I feel: FREEDOM!

No comments:
Post a Comment